Is an MBA still relevevant

In the October 2012 Issue of Entrepreneur Magazine I ran across an article MBA Smackdown, which is a discussion of whether earning the degree is still relevant as it once was. As an MBA student I can agree with reasons being for and even against an MBA degree.

I myself have taken course and felt like I learned absolutely nothing or the information being taught was not up to date or simply lacked being a graduate level learning experience. Some individuals seem to be misguided into thinking that an MBA will make them management material and immediately increase their earning potential this is so not true. Some people enter a MBA program that probably would benefit more from taking professional development courses or specialized topics in business.

If you have little to no experience in business and are seeking a career in entrepreneurship then you can definitely benefit  from earning an MBA. In my opinion many small business tend to fail because they lack the knowledge needed before venturing out in the business world. Learning by experience can be costly.

Questions to consider when contemplating an MBA degree

Can you afford the MBA
Will you  work part time or full time while earning MBA
Will an MBA help progress my career


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.